Unit 4 Culminating Task
In this task you will create a thesis, and apply critical thinking to explore social inequality and
globalization. You will combine your own knowledge and research to present an argument.
1) Choose one of the following as the focus of your essay:
1) You need some inequality to grow…but extreme inequality is not only useless but can be
harmful to growth because it reduces mobility and can lead to political capture of our
democratic institutions. Thomas Piketty-
2) How can we effect change in the world when only half of it is invited or feel welcome to
participate in the conversation? Emma Watson-
3) Globalization offers us enormous opportunities in the race to leapfrog in development
processes. It also obliges us to set in motion processes which would minimize its risks.
2) Formulate a thesis based on the quotation chosen, and present three arguments for your thesis.
Use knowledge from lesson and course as well research from three academic sources (articles,
journals, organizations websites, magazines, documentaries). Your essay should reflect
knowledge of the concepts/ideas learned, as well as incorporate at least 4-6 quotations from your
research. You can use headings. Essay and References Must be Formatted Using APA.