Hi: I have to present “Human development and Human security” based on the following readings that I will be attaching. Please make sure to include Millenium Development Goals in your thorough answer of “Human development and Human security”.
1. Weiss et al., The United Nations and Changing World Politics, chapters 11-12.
2. Ngaire Woods, “Economic Ideas and International Relations: Beyond Rational Neglect,” International Studies Quarterly, 39 (1995): 161-180.
3. Jolly, Emmerij, and Weiss, UN ideas that changed the world, chapters 12-13
5. Weiss, What’s Wrong with the United Nations, 215-233.
6. United Nations, Delivering as One (New York: UN, 2006) and A Study of the Capacity of the United Nations Development System (Geneva: UN, 1969) are two in a long series of expert proposals about how to make better use of the system.
7. United Nations, Transforming Our World: The 2030 Agenda for Global Action (New York: UN, 2015).
8. Silke Weinlich and Max-Otto Baumann, “Unfinished Business: An “Appraisal of the Latest UNDS Reform,” German Development Institute Briefing Paper 13/2018.
9. United Nations, Repositioning the United Nations Development System to Deliver on the 2030 Agenda: Our Promise for Dignity, Prosperity and Peace on a Healthy Planet: Report by the Secretary- General, 21 December 2017, UN document A/72/684-E/2018/7.
10. Lesley Connolly and Jimena Leiva Roesch, Unpacking the UN’s Development System Reform (New York: International Peace Institute, 2020), https://www.ipinst.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/07/2007_Unpacking-the-UNs-Development-System-Reform.pdf.