Examine Management Strategies Utilized to Build and Sustain Top Performing Organizations
This assignment relates to the following Course Learning Outcomes:
CLO1 – Analyze Trends and Economic Challenges Facing Contemporary Business
CLO6 – Examine Management Strategies Utilized to Build and Sustain Top Performing
CLO7 – Detail How Business Effectively Manage Production and Operations
As a team, decide on a business your team would like to start. The purpose of this assignment
is to develop a management strategy and production plan for your new business.
It could be house painting, lawncare, meal prep business or another of your choosing. Develop
a management strategy and production plan for the business. Include the following:
How will your employees be empowered?
What is the team structure and characteristics?
Select and explain your facility layout or virtual process
Develop a production plan including the components of
a) Make, buy or lease
c) Inventory Control
Introduction (50 – 60 Words)
Provide a summary of the assignment content in the introductory paragraph.
Note: It will be better to finish writing the entire assignment before writing the introduction.
Section One (150 – 200 Words)
Examine Management Strategies
– Select and explain how your company will empower employees
– Select and explain the type of team your company will establish
– Describe your team’s characteristics
Note: Chapter 9 introduces concepts related to empowering employees, teams and team
characteristics. Please apply the relevant concepts when answering this part of the
Section Two (150 – 200 Words)
Production and Operations Management
– Following the Production Management Tasks, plan the production process related to
– Select the physical layout or virtual process and explain the rational for your selection
– Select and explain your decision to make, buy or lease
– Explain your process and criteria for selecting suppliers
– Discuss how your business with manage inventory
Note: Chapter 10 introduces many concepts of production and operations management
Remember to apply those concepts when answering this part of the assignment.
Conclusion (50 – 60 Words)
– Include a brief summary of what you have learned from the assignment content.
– Include a brief summary of what you have learned about group collaboration in
completing the assignment.